A Cake Smash is a brilliant way to celebrate a First Birthday while your little ones are starting to explore more and more, especially taste and textures. The session is exactly as the name says , it’s fun , messy and creates images to treasure. We present your child with a yummy cake and let them have fun while we capture every moment though our lens.
We usually advise to book your Cake Smash session for when your baby is around 11 months old so you have the images to share on their birthday, Maybe with friends and family on Facebook or on invites and thank you cards. I have seen so many lovely creations families have made to share and display their photographs.
How do you choose your theme :
– Maybe choose a set up to match your party
– Maybe choose a theme to match your child’s bedroom
– Something simple but effective
– Think of things your child loves
We cannot do themes that are copies of TV Shows and Characters due to copyright but we can do “In the Style of”. We also don’t do two set ups the same so we wouldn’t copy a previous image we have created but we can create your own version.
We then design your set up with information you provide on your questionnaire we sent to you ready for your session and give you updates when needed along the way.
We also include two extra set of images to your session, You can choose from :
A Family Image : Capture a moment together taken on the theme Set up
A Sitter Image : Put on your little one indoor favourite outfit for some natural images on the backdrop
A Sibling Image : Include your little one’s siblings on the Cake Smash Set up backdrop
A Tub Session : Have a Splash in the Bath Tub after your session and a wash down
What Happens during a Cake Smash Birthday Extravaganza Session :
– When you arrive we should have your set up ready and will be just adding the finishing touches
– We will get everything ready in the room including the Bath Tub if you are including this and talk you though how you will help & encourage your child throughout the Cake Smash *We do social distance throughout the session so you will be hands on and maybe get messy*
– We will then do your Family/Sitter/Sibling images if chosen before changing your child for the Cake smash
– We do recommend bring a nappy cover or romper for your child for the Cake Smashing part
– Your child will then be let loose with the cake, We will encourage them to taste the cake, play with the cake and give them a spoon to do as they wish!
– If you add the tub session, after the cake we will pop them straight in to wash them
– We will then send your images within 3 days so you can make your final choices to purchase for editing
To book your slot for next year – contact https://tinyfeetphotographybyhollie.co.uk/